Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Seasons of the Windows - Rachel

When we visited Filoli in April we found this lovely window - I for one couldn't resist it with its elegant tulips filling its frame. I really like the image - the colors and shapes, that snaking vine. I also happen to know that if you look back to mid-April in this blog you will find Lori Singer's photo of this window, but taken from the interior of the room, a great capture. So upon our return this month I sought to photograph this window again. Now, midsummer, the graceful tulips have been replaced by impatiens, and upon further inspection (placing both photos in my view) I see that I have gotten the spring window's sibling, not simply its summer incarnation. Still, it's a nice window... I'll have to visit it again and see who graces it in fall.





No comments:

Post a Comment