Sunday, April 4, 2010

Pop Art Self Portrait - Amy


Oil Paint on Canvas. I took a self portrait image with my Mac set on the "pop art" effects and then set out to do a painting using only the 3 colors. Overall, I am happy with the results. I wanted to take a stab  at the oil paints again. Working on a larger surface helps! They are still messy. Got a nice splotch of yellow on my jeans. Why didn't I wear my apron? I'll hold back on my critique - other then to say "Measure three times, cut once." That's all I will say.

5 comments:

  1. Great work! What a cool way of starting! Keep it up, you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the whole pop art effect. Definitely keep painting, you are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too Amy! Great effect on the mac! Oil paint should come right out, not to worry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah Brush Flush works wonders!

    ReplyDelete