Saturday, February 27, 2010

Along Stanley Boulevard - Amy

 

I drive past these gravel plants between Pleasanton and Livermore on a weekly basis. I find such beauty in the various structures and have always wanted to capture an image of them. The mountains of gravel varies from week to week and at night the structures take on a Christmas tree glow of white lights. Today, the clouds were so striking. it was my day to capture this image! I parked my car at the BMX park (will go back and photograph the boys on bikes) and took the long walk to the mill. These 2 images spoke to me (of the 100 or so that I took).

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love the brooding skies, framing, your exposure and the dof on the second image! Beautifully shot.
    I really like the repeating forms and all those wonderful horizontal lines on the first image.
    Well worth the walk Amy!

    ReplyDelete