Sunday, February 28, 2010

Art~



I leave you with the question, What is Art? This week was so busy and one day when my daughter came home she saw my make shift paper pallets on the table and said you made art today mom. Feeling frustrated and blocked for the last weeks, I had to stop and ask myself once again..."What is Art?" So, I leave you with color and it is art.

Thank you ladies for inviting me, it has been a wonderful experience. I have not felt as productive as I would have thought, but I am very happy that I am at least showing up and thinking about art daily on some level. I now see clearly, that Virgina Wolf was right on, but I need a studio of my own, or at least and art area. It's hard to take yourself serious without have a real space, so this is my biggest lesson I am taking away from this and also the just showing up and playing or working.

I would love to continue with you ladies if you are up for it? I think it would be amazing to see were we would end up in a year!

Thanks again and I look forward to meeting and playing with you all
Lori Singer

1 comment:

  1. Lori- I am so glad that you participated in this. It was nice seeing your art and getting to know you throughit.

    To me, Art is about intention.

    It would be great to have a dedicated space to do art. It does help clear one's mind and get you into the right frame of things. For me, it's a shared space with my kitchen and dining room. One day, I would love to have my own studio retreat center!

    ReplyDelete