Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Looking Down - Rachel

Today I went out to hike and find a great landscape to shoot, I wandered, shot some photos and found that I simply wasn't getting what I wanted. I quickly grew dissatisfied; then I happened to look down. All along the path, in the grasses damp with the morning's light rain, were these lovely leaves glittering with crystal drops. I had found my subject. I spent a good hour looking down, photgraphing the grass, the mud, the weeds and the water droplets. In a big picture world it's sometimes good to remember that many of the most beautiful things can be found right beneath your feet.

6 comments:

  1. this is so beautiful. It is especially inspiring to me and the way I paint. I love to see nature at its finest and you definitely caught it with this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,
    This is amazing! You and your new macro are becoming friends! I want a signed copy for my home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Great discovery underfoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete