Thursday, February 18, 2010

Doodler takes it to the canvas ~ Acrylic ~ Lori Singer



Doodler takes it to the canvas. I am a doodler and always have been. I used to spend ours doodling on the side of my school work as a child and believe it saved me in many ways. Maybe my next painting will be dedicated to the flower on the side of my school work that protected my spirit. One of my other loves and obsessions is about wild vibrant colors. I long for the day when I can fully master color and get it to work the way I see it in my head and the world. This canvas is a merging of two things I love and it's a piece of who I am and have always been. It's been fun to see the merging of line and color. When I finally manage to master color, I think this quote will have come true for me and I will finally feel like a painter. For now I fumble along trying to manage dirt and minerals.

"Color has taken possession of me; no longer do I have to chase after it. I know that it has hold of me forever... Color and I are one. I am a painter." Paul Klee


Lori Singer

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving your relationship with color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Rachel, I really think you have a lovely relationship with color. It's inspirational.

    ReplyDelete