Saturday, February 27, 2010

Night Blossoms - Rachel

These look better enlarged, click on the image to view.
I've not done a lot of night photography, but the full moon, clear skies and apricot blossoms enticed me into the backyard tonight. I can see that I've still got a long way to go in bringing night subjects to life, but these were the best results. The tree was taken using a 30 sec exposure and light painting with a maglight; the blossoms were taken using a 40+ sec exposure by the full moon, no flashlight. The arrival of Sr. Skunk led me to call it a night.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sr. Skunk - you sure know how to bring a party to an end! Nice images - great to get out there and explore what moonlight brings to an image. One day, I will read my camera's manual and figure out how to do a long exposure!

    ReplyDelete