Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"The Gossip Girls" - Amy


Soft pastel on board. Okay - I admit it - I am crazy about my chickens! I just adore them and love watching them interact with one another. Chickens give us so much - their eggs (any day for my gals), their delicious flesh that serves as a baseline for many tastes and lets not forget all the idioms from our humble pullus! Hen pecked, pecking order, chickens coming home to roost, walking on egg shells, Flew the coop, Don't count your chickens before they hatch, Chicken Scratch (to decribe messy handwriting), like an old mother hen and Birds of a Feather flock together come to mind.

I recently got into pastels and I am digging them! This originally started on a smaller sheet of paper (9x12) but I discovered that I really like to work big! This one is about 14x22.

1 comment:

  1. Fun piece! I love how you reveal the personalities of each chicken...I can visualize a goup of like women...I mean cackling hens.

    ReplyDelete