Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Egg Tempra on wood panel~ Lori Singer










Modigliani Women~

I'm posting these for Amy. Amy I did these last year in a class and fell in love with egg tempra. I would love to do it again and perhaps as a group. Working with pure pigment and egg is deeply sensually satisfying. The color is rich and immediate. I found working with egg and pigment very gratifying! As like most art the colors do not read or transfer well here and are deeper and richer in quality. Perhaps all us women could get together and do some Modigiliani Women. You have the eggs we could all pitch in and spilt some pigment. I have a great source to buy raw pigment.

4 comments:

  1. Those are really cool Lori. I've not heard of that medium before and it sounds really interesting. I'd like to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! As a non-painter I'm not sure that I could do much with the medium (besides make a muddled mess), but you really have talents! I would love to see these in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo Tempra!! I studied this in one of my art history classes and the panels come out so amazing. You are talented indeed to accomplish such wonders with it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in!! How many yolks does this take?? I'd just need a head's up so that we can set those eggs aside. We'd need to also make some meringue cookies.
    The paintings really look like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete