Monday, March 15, 2010

Kissing the Possible - Rachel

Reflections are fascinating to me: They're the same yet different, and sometimes there is a bit of magic to be found in them. Today I paid a very quick visit to the zoo before picking up the kids at school and this little giraffe seemed drink in both the water and his own image. As a zoo animal he's well cared for, but I can imagine him seeing different possibilities for the giraffe in the mirror. Don't we all sometimes wonder what's on the other side of our looking glass?

3 comments:

  1. Interesting! What did you use to do this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori - Photoshop Elements. I'm no guru, and I'm almost entirely self-taught through experimentation, but there's a fantastic book by Scott Kelby "The PhotoShop Elements Book for Digital Photographers" which gives very clear, step-by-step direction on a great many of the tools and effects. He also wrote Scott Kelby's 7-point system for Adobe PhotoShop. Again, step-by-step and very clear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat composition Rachel.
    I too love reflection shots (SHOCK!)and you've made this one all the more interesting.

    ReplyDelete